Aims This Health & Safety Downloadable Distance Learning Pack aims to improve knowledge of health and safety within the workplace highlighting core responsibilities of employees. It will raise awareness of the risk assessment process with a focus on COSHH guidelines enabling staff to work safely and effectively.
- Legislation in relation to the workplace
- The regulations relating to the care sector
- Risk assessment and best practice
- Managing hazards and safety in the workplace
- Responsibility and reportable accidents and illness
- Statistics of injury in the workplace
On completion of this Health & Safety Distance Learning pack each candidate will be able to:
- Explain legislation in relation to health and safety understanding the impact of this legislation within the workplace
- Highlight key responsibilities as outlined by health and safety law maximising their performance in accordance with legislation
- Identify what tasks can be undertaken in relation to health and safety in their own workplace at this stage of training
- Determine where to access information regarding health and safety and who to approach for further advice and guidance when required.
- Demonstrate the ability to risk assess and determine the importance of risk assessing using the HSE guidelines and work based practices, including knowledge of the HSE guidelines in relation to lone working
- Explain the risks posed by the workplace, how to respond to emergencies and highlight when and how to report and record concerns