Aims This Data Protection & Confidentiality Downloadable Distance Learning Pack aims to support workers to understand the background and purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, and how this Act affects daily working practices and how breaches of data confidentiality could affect all stakeholders. It is an entry level course designed to give each candidate practical and easy to follow steps to protect data that belongs to others. Each candidate will go on to learn: what is expected of businesse
- The background of data protection
- Key definitions and exemptions from the Data Protection Act.
- The Eight Principles of Data Protection
- Data Security and Subject Rights
- How to deal with lost data and subject access requests and data subjects’ rights.
On completion of this Data Protection & Confidentiality Distance Learning pack each candidate will be able to:
- Recognise the origins and background of data protection
- Identify key definitions directly from the Act
- Highlight the eight key principles related to best p[practice in data protection
- Identify best practices in relation to security and rights to information
- Show how to manage emergencies and deal with data requests for data