Aims This Autism Awareness Downloadable Distance Learning Pack aims to improve the communication skills of anyone working with or living with a person with Autism. It will highlight the effects of poor and positive communication and how this can impact on other people, the environment and the ability meet the needs of those living with or being supported with Autistic spectrum disorders.
- What is Autism?
- What is Asperger syndrome?
- What is Pervasive Development Disorder?
- How to support people with a disorder
- Facts and myths about autism
- Help and Medication
On completion of the Autism Awareness Distance Learningg pack each candidate will be able to:
- Give a clear definition of autism
- Have knowledge of its links to Asperger Syndrome
- Define the main Characteristics of Autism and Asperger syndrome
- Be aware of facts myths about Pervasive Development Disorders
- Highlight common statistics in relation to autism
- Define what a person centred approach incorporates for each individual
- Recognise the importance of accurate and consistent care planning
- Highlight current diagnosis, available treatment from existing research