Posted on Mon 7th Jan, 2019
Be creative with your recruitment - tap into the potential of people who are under-represented in adult social care
During 2017/18, we piloted some new approaches to recruiting from under-represented groups. The results saw widespread benefits across organisations which exceeded the initial aims of the project. The pilots aimed to get individuals who experienced barriers to employment ‘work ready’ for roles in adult social care and health, and the findings showed that the benefits to participants went beyond this.
- Support with screening and selection processes
- Upskilling existing staff
- Levels of retention exceeded expectations.
Individual benefits included:
- Learning ‘soft’ work skills: including improved resilience and communications
- Increased self-belief and confidence
- Positive mental health and well being.
Following on from these learnings, we're pleased to introduce our 18/19 projects who will be exploring ‘longer-term’ approaches.
To find out how beneficial recruiting from under-represented groups can be, download our ‘Did you know’ pdf ‘See the person, value the difference’.